If you’re new here, then I have to let you in on my little secret.. I love essential oils. Several of you have jump on this oily journey with me and some have questions on how I use them in my daily life. Before I first started using them I never thought I would use them daily, let alone use multiple oils and products from Young Living daily. S0 here I am sharing my day in the life of an oiler…
In the mornings I start the diffuser with something to help me start the day. I’m not a morning person so this one is a must. Typically it’s something citrus, like lime mixed with a few drops of En-er-gee and stress away.
If I’m feeling sore from yesterdays workout I will use Ortho Sport and massage my legs. It helps walking easier after a Katy Hearn leg day!
I add a drop of lemon to my water as it supports a healthy immune system, memory improver and tastes awesome. Since I’ve been drinking a gallon a day, adding a drop of citrus makes it taste yummy!
But I also like to take a shot of Ningxia Red. The best drink out there, and even better with drops of EOs in it! I’m a fan of Jade Lemon! Which is slightly sweeter than regular Lemon. Jade Lemon contains high levels of d-limonene, which helps invigorate, uplift, and energize, as well as support clarity of thought and purpose. This oil supports skin health; helps open and release emotional blocks; and is useful to clean, detox, and purify. A 1995 Mie University study also found that citrus fragrances induce relaxation and invoke feelings of happiness.
I use this seasonal sinus trio daily theses days, thanks to the seasons changing.. The trio includes lavender, peppermint, and lemon. The roller goes with me whenever I leave the house and some days I use the trio in my diffuser as well!
Sometimes I sit at the computer too long without stopping to stretch and take a break. So of I have an head, neck or back tension, I use Deep Relief. It’s in a pre made roll on and works like a charm!
When it’s time for me to take Bruce outside to play, I make sure to spray on his RepelAroma spray! I added 10 drops and mixed with water in a spray bottle. It’s a unique combination of Citronella, Idaho Tansy, Palo Santo, and Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) so Bruce enjoy being outside pest free!
Now my new favorite thing Young Living has come up with is laundry detergent & dish soap. Which you might think I’m crazy for loving soap but I have been waiting for this. I used to use The Honest Company and the month I ran out, was the same month it launched with Young Living! This stuff is powerful and a little goes a long way. It’s not diluted like normal detergents and it’s natural! #WinWin
After I workout I take a shower and use the Lavender Mint Shampoo and Conditioner along with the Lavender Body Wash. As someone who is particularly picky about beauty products, I was seriously surprised how much I love them. My scalp feels great and my hair smells great and feels so soft.
While I’m in the shower I use RoseHip Seed Oil and a drop of Purification for my face wash! It leaves my skin feeling clean and moisturized. So after I’m out of the shower I just apply Frankincense, Lavender, and Tea Tree Oil to keep my skin healthy and reduces the appearance of blemishes.
An hour or two before bedtime I begin diffusing Lavender, Dream Catcher and Cedarwood to help wind down.
Before I head to bed I use my Thieves bottle with the roller ball on top to apply right on my feet. Just to help my immune system get the boost it needs to stay healthy and do the work while I’m sleeping.
These oils are so versatile and the fact that there are no unwanted side effects or trading of one icky symptom for another is so awesome! I love using alternatives!
These oils and the diffuser pictured above as well as some sample packs, supplements, a roller ball, and some awesome written guides are what come included in the Premium Starter Kit. The starter kit is how I got started with essential oils and it is how I recommend anyone who is looking to begin. The 5ml bottles last a long time and each can be used for so many things. I didn’t even scratch the surface in this post.
I’d love to add you to the facebook group as well so that we can be on our oily journeys together : )
If you’re ready to grab your Premium Starter Kit, I will include the link & step-by-step below.
How to get your hands on the Premium Starter Kit:
1. Click over to the sign-up page: HERE
2. Make sure you’re signing up as a member! (this secures you the 24% off discount on all future orders).
3. The “Enroller ID” and “Sponsor ID” boxes should already be filled in for you. If they aren’t, fill in 1921693 in both spots.
4. Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact info. (The reason you are asked for your SSN is for tax purposes; if you make over $600/year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail, as is required by law. Young Living never shares this info with anyone, and you’re not obligated to sell anything ever if you do not want to. I promise I wouldn’t lead you astray here!)
5. Create your password and pin which you will use to log in to your account and order your oils. Write it down, remember it, save it.. whatever!
6. Select your starter kit! I recommend the Premium Kit with the Bamboo Diffuser which is individually valued over $300! But any of the diffusers will be great!
7. It will ask if you want to sign up for the Essential Rewards program. You can say no to this for now! You are not obligated to sign up for Essential Rewards at this time, but it does have some great benefits, but to be honest, I always tell my new members to get the kit, try the oils out, and then talk to me before your NEXT purchase. Then we will see if ER is right for you and your family
8. Click “I Agree” and “Next”
9. Confirm your enrollment information (you should see my name [AMY HOHL] as your enroller and sponsor). !
10. Feel free to add any additional items to your order! Young Living Offers Free Promotional Items every single month when you purchase (in a single order) 190PV, 250PV or 300PV? Message me if you’d like to know what the promotion is for this month. Your Premium Starter Kit is already 100 PV, so consider adding a few more products to qualify for the free promo items!! Who doesn’t like free oils, right?!
11. Check out and you are DONE!
12. Stalk your mailman for it to arrive! This step is will be agonizing.
13. Please friend me on Facebook so that I can add you to some fun oily Facebook groups!These groups will help you learn and are a place to ask questions. You’ll also have access to TheOilAdventures.com so you have all the help and information you need to get started!
I hope you’ve enjoyed a glimpse into my daily use of oils. I’m excited to hear how you use yours! Please keep in mind that this post is not intended to diagnose or treat anyone, and if you are ever concerned about a possible medical condition, seek professional medical advice. There is a place for natural healing and modern medicine to coexist peacefully, and that will look different for every family ❤️
Amy Lorraine is a Lifestyle Photographer, Blogger and Creative who specializes in Senior Photography in Southern Maryland and surrounding areas including but not limited to Calvert County, Annapolis, Anne Arundel County and St Mary’s County.